Friday, February 19, 2010

Can A Dog Live Without A Spleen What Can I Do For My Dog With Anemia?

What can I do for my dog with anemia? - can a dog live without a spleen

I took my dog to the vet for about two days. He was always there and he could not move very well that he was tired, and he vomited blood twice.

The vet said, anemia, caused by a tumor in the spleen or ulcers somewhere in it.

The doctor said we had to give a blood transfusion and hospitalization. Of course I did not have enough money that would cost around 1000-2000 Euro for everything.

So the doctor gave us medicine and told us that if it gets worse, we will resume and will be delivered.

There seems to be improving. But this is even worse. Still shit and piss, who has lied and not eat it, but he drinks water.

There is nothing I can do to save my dog? What are your chances to live without treatment?

Please help me.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

How old is your dog, if it could be worse, at "older", then it is, I'm sorry to say, is not something to take lightly anemia. Animal Planet I saw the entire time and invest a lot of sleep because that dog. If you can not afford it, talk to your vet and tell her she can develop a payment plan. There are let go in the house for treatment, you have to be taken back to the vet if you can not afford, even with a payment plan, the best you can do is. I know it's hard, but remember, do not suffer your dog.

JoJo said...

Depends on you, really, honey. If you are a dog's life is no longer useful, the best thing you can do is to be brought him to the vet to sleep to stop their suffering. It is difficult to hear, I know, but if your life and what is not the best for him.

xxx

Becky said...

Sorry for the illness of her dog. The thing is, your vet almost answered that question for you. He needs treatment, if improving their quality of life.
You can talk to your vet about a payment plan, or you can ask to call other veterans in the field to what they would charge.
Another option is possible if there is a veterinary school near you is to call and ask questions about the treatment. Schools often treat dogs much less free than vets.
If you read the beginning, then I'm afraid I have to check, to let your friend go. If you have no life, you can not suffer.
My best wishes for you and your dog!

Post a Comment